Brief Overiew of Role:
Manage and lead the Upper section of the school (Years 12-13) in a positive manner modelling Dulwich values. To ensure the continual improvement of student academic progress underpinned by a strong pastoral system. To be accountable and responsible for holistic student outcomes and retention of students.
The remuneration package for staff is generous with excellent accommodation, medical and other benefits.
About Dulwich International High School:
Dulwich International High School has established two leading international schools in Zhuhai and Suzhou, offering an international curriculum primarily for Chinese students who are aiming for top universities in the UK, USA, and elsewhere. In our High Schools, we are focused on nurturing every student to have the skills and motivation to thrive in life and make a positive difference in the world – that is, to Graduate Worldwise. To this end, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education who are passionate about unlocking the potential of our students, and who will continue to grow with us as Worldwise Teachers.
All employees are subject to the conditions of employment set out in their Employment Contract. This details the professional and particular duties required of employees, together with benefits provided by the College.
The duties of Assistant Director (Upper School) at Dulwich International High School Suzhou are as follows:
Student Progress & Retention – to ensure that students exceed or achieve all targets. To ensure that students are on suitable curriculum pathways to ensure university admission.
• To promote high standards of work amongst the students
• To ensure the curriculum meets the needs of all our students
• To manage behaviour/discipline issues at appropriate level
• To support the admissions process, particularly at Upper School
• To ensure a high level of retention in the student body
• To oversee and manage the options and university counselling process to ensure smooth transition from school to university for all the student body
• To use data effectively to track and monitor student progress at the appropriate level
• Ensure systems are in place to proactively and positively manage the relationship with each individual family concerning all academic matters
Curriculum – to ensure that the curriculum meets the needs of students, and assessment is robust and transparent:
• Work with Deputy Directors to ensure curriculum provision and continuity
• Work with Deputy Directors to ensure smooth running of exams – internal and external
• Work with HoDs & HoYs to ensure high quality assessment processes are followed
Pastoral – to ensure that students have a sense of purpose and thrive within a safe, secure environment:
• Work with Deputy Director (Pastoral And Boarding) to manage and oversee the pastoral program • To work with all staff to ensure safeguarding processes are followed
at all time
• Ensure that parental communication is timely, clear and consistent with message of school
• Ensure systems are in place to proactively and positively manage the relationship with each individual family concerning all wellbeing matters
Staff – to ensure that middle leadership strategic plans in both academic and pastoral areas are closely aligned to whole school strategic plan with measurable outcomes related to student progress:
• Line Manager for HoYs (Y12 and 13) and Pastoral Lead (Upper) to ensure pastoral programs in place underpin and give a sense of purpose to students to ensure student academic progress
• In collaboration with HoDs/HoYs ensure academic progress is tracked and effectively monitored
• Liaise with the Deputy Directors on PL needs
• Ensure systems are in place for communication between all relevant parties that support individual students
• Promote and maintain a spirit of goodwill and co-operation amongst staff
Leadership – to ensure that all staff have a clear understanding of their role in the orderly and effective running of the school and that all staff understand the values of the school:
• To assist in the strategic development of the Section and lead elements of this development
• Ensure policy development and review meets the aims and objectives for teaching and learning in the school
• Other whole school leadership responsibilities as defined by the Director or Deputy Directors
Personal Development – to be measured by performance management:
- Continual development through the identification and implementation of your own Personal Development Plan
- Promote and adhere to the school Vision and Values:
- Each individual must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities and school policies with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation
- Any other tasks as directed by the Director or School Leadership Team.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you will need to include:
- completed candidate details form (available from the below email address)
• your CV
• details of three referees from your current and previous employer
Please send all applications to email@example.com