About the School:
Dulwich International High School Suzhou is an academically rigorous senior high school that offers the IGCSE and A-Level qualifications to students who wish to enter universities abroad. Our students are academically ambitious students, usually aged between 14 and 19, who have passed our entrance
exams in English and Maths, (plus Science until 2019) to gain entry. Most of the students who attend
DHSZ are PRC nationals who come to our school from a local middle school after having completed 9 years of compulsory education at Chinese schools; the remainder come from a variety of types of
international schools. For almost all of our students, English is a second language and improving their English fluency and communicative competence is their biggest challenge. All of our students intend to seek admission to highly rated colleges and universities outside China, mainly in the US and the UK.
The Head of Department has overall responsibility for the leadership, development and ongoing review of the subject area for all School students. The duties of Director of Music and Performing Arts at DHSZ are as follows:
Organisation, Leadership, Management
• Contribution to the overall management of the School Curriculum through membership of the Curriculum Committee.
• Management and leadership of the Music department, including chairing regular meetings to discuss subject issues, which include matters arising from Curriculum Committee and general staff
• Management and responsibility for the department development plan.
• Preparation of department annual reviews with Director & Deputy Director to include examination analysis, progress against department development plans & actions for improvement.
• Management of the administration and regular review of Assessment, Recording and Reporting (ARR) procedures in the department, to ensure that it is clearly understood by all in the community.
• Organisation of the proof reading and quality assurance of subject comments in School Reports.
• Assisting Deputy Director responsible for staff absence/cover to ensure work is set for classes in the subject area.
• Management of the preparation of assessment materials for assessment weeks (internal), quality assurance of the tasks and ensuring moderation is used for consistency.
• Management of the department budget and resources, including the annual department stock take in a consultative way with department staff.
• Responsible for the quality assurance of teaching and learning in the subject area, to ensure that each individual student makes progress against their potential.
• Assisting Director and Deputy Director to manage agreed strategies for improvement in teaching and learning within the department.
• Responsibility for the organization and quality assurance of sequential and integrated Schemes of Work for the department.
• Assisting Director and Deputy Director in Curriculum review and development in line with School policy
• Assist in the production of the School curriculum handbooks for IGCSE and A Level.
• Manage setting in the subject, as appropriate.
This package will include a very competitive salary, annual flights to home country, private medical insurance, accommodation allowance and more.
Start Date – August 2022
Please send your updated CV and most recent references to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Head of Department|