TERMS OF CONTRACT: Fixed employment 1st September 2022 -30th July 2023 with possibility to extend
CONTRACT: Full Time
MONTHLY SALARY: to be agreed on the basis of experience + additional bonuses (€1700 – 1900 per month)
Are you passionate about teaching in an international environment and interested in being part of a wonderful team of committed educators and teachers who are from Italy or from around the world? Are you a creative professional who flourishes in stimulating settings and child-centered schools?
E.G.S. is a well-respected, state-accredited, privately owned school in Cantù, 15 minutes from Lake Como and 30 mins from Milan. Our school venue is brand new with bright, large and modern classrooms and outdoor spaces.
We appreciate that moving to Italy is a big step, so we are happy to help with the relocation. No previous knowledge of the Italian language is required, our school is bilingual allowing interaction between all members of staff.
Benefits when working at EGS:
• Continuing Professional Development
• Support with relocation including help with finding an apartment, acquiring an Italian fiscal code,
setting up an Italian bank account, internet and phone contracts; help with learning the
language (although knowledge of Italian is not a requirement)
• Deposit for your apartment (up to 1500€) paid by the school
• Lunch from our the school cafeteria
• Free school doctor
• Low cost of living
• Located very close to Lake Como and close to Milan, with good transport links to Turin, Cinque
• Huge potential for extra responsibilities and to grow professionally, and the opportunity to really
contribute to developing a young and exciting new school.
• Small class sizes
• A supportive team and a family-orientated school
• Staff events
Amazing school trips, including Ski Trip, Sailing Trip and trips to Milan and other cities
• A much improved work-life balance – the ability to teach without the mountains of paper work,
50+ hour working weeks or pressure of Ofsted inspections!
• Non-contact time during the week for planning/assessment
• Opportunity to run a school club
• Option to teach 1:1 after school (paid extra on top of salary)
Monday – Friday 8.00 – 4.15
Academic year calendar
1st September – 30th July
For September 2022, we are selecting teachers who meet the following requirements:
• Well grounded, EAL professional with at least 2 years’ experience
• Passionate about teaching
Degree in Education/EAL or related subject
• Child-centered teaching approach
• Flexible, creative and committed to teamwork
• Excellent communication skills
• Good personal organisation and time management skills
• Up-to-date DBS/CRB
If you enjoy working with enthusiastic children and a friendly, committed team of teachers, we will be happy to welcome your application. Please send your CV via the portal below or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org