Start Date – August 2022
Deadline for applications – Friday 15th July
To support and promote an inclusive culture throughout the school, enabling all pupils to achieve their best
and to support the Director of Inclusion and Inclusion Department in promoting the learning and personal
development of students with additional needs.
Teaching and Learning:
• Lead and develop teaching and learning ensuring equal access for all groups of pupils.
• Lead CPD throughout the school.
• Identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for SEND/EAL pupils and share
approaches with colleagues.
• Support all staff in understanding the needs of SEND/EAL and develop effective ways of bridging
barriers to learning.
• Provide support sessions to individual students where necessary.
Recording and Assessment:
• Work with teachers to set challenging targets for raising achievement among SEND/EAL through the use of IEPs.
• Monitor students’ response to learning activities and adapt activities as necessary.
• Provide regular feedback on students’ learning and behavior to the relevant members of staff.
• Attend IEP review meetings under the direction of the Director of Inclusion and parent evening
consultations, keeping parents informed about their child’s progress.
Behavioral and Pastoral:
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of all children by establishing a purposeful and safe learning
environment for all learners.
• Provide support and assistance for student’s pastoral needs.
• Use a range of behavior management techniques and strategies to promote self-control and
independence of learners and discuss these with teachers and support staff as needed.
• Perform any reasonable duties as requested by the Director of Inclusion.
• Raise all concerns regarding the behaviour, progress, or welfare/child protection of any learner with
the appropriately identified person.
Personal Specification – Required:
B.Ed or subject related degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent
NVQ2 or equivalent, TEFL/TESOL, CELTA, CACHE
Experience of working in a school setting with children with SEND/English is an additional language
The ability to share your outstanding practice
A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
Training in aspects of SEND (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD etc)
To apply, please send your CV with 3 recent references to firstname.lastname@example.org