Dulwich International High School Suzhou is looking for an committed Spanish teacher who understands the classroom as a great opportunity to connect with curious young adults, establishes solid mentoring bonds and fosters our students’ natural interest for languages and cultures.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to adapt the contents of IGCSE Spanish to small and differentiated groups within the classroom. We strongly believe in engagement as an essential practice by our staff and therefore, we are looking to appoint an inspiring practitioner that challenges students, supports diverse learners and brings the best out of our students. Dulwich teachers also ensure and prioritize the effective use of feedback on formative and summative assessments.
Our MFL department offers excellent opportunities for growth and the Spanish teacher should be willing to actively contribute to the development of a professional culture of collaboration within the EML department as well as the broader school team. Depending on the interests, they may be the opportunity to combine teaching Spanish with other courses within the school.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
DHSZ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
The successful candidate must be:
• Passionate about Spanish and be able to inspire students to study their subject further
• Capable of delivering Spanish knowledge to the depth required at the A2 level
• Successful in showing student progress so that students are fully prepared for external examinations at IGCSE and A level stages
• Experienced (or willing to learn) in using formative assessment in order to advance student learning
• Actively engaged in furthering their own pedagogical knowledge
• Willing to collaborate with a diverse range of teachers in order to create an engaging classroom
• Able to differentiate in order to meet the needs of all students, especially within an EAL environment
• Willing to engage in the student’s own culture (Chinese) in order to fully know your students
• Knowledgeable in the latest safeguarding systems in order to ensure student wellbeing
• Eager to fully engage with the students in their Co-curricular activities
• Adaptable in the classroom in order to make full use of educational technology to meet student needs
• Able to demonstrate that they hold the highest expectations of the students and themselves.
The closing date for this position is the 31st October, 2021
How to Apply
To apply for this position you will need to include:
• an application letter
• your CV
• a statement of educational philosophy
• details of three referees from your current and previous employer
Please send all applications to email@example.com