Start Date – August 2022
Salary – 100,000 to 110,000baht per month
This role offers an attractive salary, great set of benefits and further opportunities for CPD.
Individual University Guidance Counselling:
Working with an assigned caseload of students in Year 12 and 13 to offer advice on discovering,
applying and transitioning to their best fit universities around the world. Specific support and advice
● working with students to identifying a short-list of universities for application, following
● advising students on resources to use in order to help them identify their best fit
● advising students on future pathways and possible university programmes best suited for
intended career plans and/or areas of interest;
● advising students on strengthening their profiles in line with university application
requirements e.g. standardised testing, work experience, super and extra curricular
activities, portfolios, essays;
● working to develop independent, empowered applicants who are well-placed to make
informed decisions regarding their post-secondary pathways;
● advising on financial aid/scholarship opportunities and application procedures;
● advising on Gap Year plans, and ensuring students develop an action plan for university
● offering support and advice regarding decision making.
Working with other staff in the admissions process:
● assisting the Head of Higher Education, SLT, Head of Sixth Form, and Head of Careers and
Student Pathways in providing advice and guidance regarding option choices for I/GCSE,
BTEC and A Level;
● working with the HE team to support staff involvement in the university application process;
● offering staff training on Higher Education related areas when needed (e.g. reference writing
and supporting personal statements);
● collaborating with admissions and SLT to provide curriculum advice to new students in Year
12, as well as interpret and evaluate transcripts to ensure graduation requirements are met.
Relationships with universities
● developing and maintain strong working relationships with university admissions teams;
● organising university visits (face-to-face or virtual) throughout the year and update the
data-base of university admissions contacts;
● working to develop innovative ways for students to connect with universities;
● continuing to develop Bangkok Prep’s university events.
The duties and responsibilities of this post may vary from time to time according to the changing
demands of the school. This job description may be reviewed at the reasonable discretion of the
Secondary Head Teacher in the light of those changing requirements and in consultation with the
post holder. The performance of the University Guidance Counsellor in these key responsibility areas
is formatively reviewed over the year. This job description is subject to annual review.
To apply, please send your CV with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org